Who we are
We are building the tools and services that will enable developers and businesses to create a digital-first experience for their customers. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
You can view more about who we are here:
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. We are looking for someone who will play a fundamental role in helping to develop our Risk and Compliance function and oversee a best in class internal controls program at Okra.
This means you will handle a wide variety of compliance-related matters, including working closely with the Legal Counsel in designing and implementing regulatory internal controls processes and procedures, executing compliance risk assessments, testing key internal controls, and reporting compliance health to the appropriate governing bodies.
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for the company products and operations
- Evaluate and manage AML/CFT software application for automated transaction tracking, suspicious activity monitoring, flagging and reporting.
- Manage the company’s Payments risk and fraud framework.
- Established controls and developed best practices for mitigating fraud and abuse risks in the FinTech/Open Finance Ecosystem.
- Logging, accepting and declining of claims over Automated Dispute Resolution Systems.
- Manage and design KPIs for the chargeback and Payment risk team
- Continually mitigate loss by identifying and preventing fraud and high risk activity.
- Coordinate with the Cybersecurity team for hardening of the Company's security controls stack through independent audits and network penetration testings.
- Coordinate with the Data protection team in the administration of data privacy and IT security risk and compliance framework of the Company.
- Provide support in managing queries on ethics, risk management policies, procedures and systems.
You will need:
- Educational Qualification: Relevant first degree or its equivalent or professional qualification in Law, Accounting, Banking, Actuarial Science, Auditing, Finance, Economics, Commerce, or in any other numerate or semi-numerate field.
- Professional Qualification: ACAMS, ICA, SOC 2, ITIL, ISACA (CISA)
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- An interest in changing the financial data and payments landscape in Africa.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.